EPAM-7500 Environmental Particulate Air Monitor
The Environmental Particulate Air Monitor model EPAM-7500 provides a complete real-time profile and graphical representation of airborne particulate levels and exposures with data read out in milligrams per cubic meter (mg/m³). This dynamic capability is not possible with using only a gravimetric particulate sampler. The EPAM-7500 combines both the real-time and gravimetric technique, which allows the investigator more accuracy in defining and analyzing the nature and magnitude of potential health risk resulting from the inhalation of lung damaging particulates.
When the EPAM-7500 is deployed the sample air stream first passes by the light scattering sensor where particulate concentration is registered electronically, then the air stream is deposited directly onto a 47 mm gravimetric filter located directly behind the optical sensor as shown above. The 47 mm filter cassette is designed in accordance with the United States Environmental Protection Agency’s standards.
The EPAM-7500 offers a 24-hour rechargeable battery for portable flexibility and runs as a continuous monitor when used with the supplied AC power transformer. All is housed in a rugged watertight carrying case for ambient air monitoring. 50% smaller package than the EPAM-5000 with a new color graphical display.
The EPAM-7500 requires no special skills or tools and can be easily setup in minutes for measuring Particulate Matter PM-10, PM-2.5, PM-1.0 or Total Suspended Particulates (optional PUF foam sampling inserts allows for OSHA respirable and thoracic separations). All real time data is immediately stored in the instrument’s computer memory and can be viewed on the LCD display or downloaded to a PC using the provided graphical and statistical software package.
- Survey Sampling for lung damaging ambient PM-10 µm and PM 2.5 µm particulates.
- Saturation Monitoring to define problem areas.
- Complements fix monitoring sites with real-time graphical reports.
- Industrial fence line monitoring for qualifying off site particulate migration.
- Evaluating Pollution Controls and Equipment.
- Trend Analysis data for particulate air quality.
- Emergency Response and fugitive emissions.
- Particulate Indoor Air quality studies
- Wild fire and controlled burning studies.
- Urban Transportation Air Quality Studies.
- A useful tool in all Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Health and Safety Studies.
- Determining levels of respiratory production
- Immediate display and data storage of lung damaging aerosols
- Provides both real-time and filter gravimetric data.
- Unique aerodynamic particle sizing real-time sensor and in line 47mm filter cassette which allows concurrent gravimetric samplings.
- High correlation to EPMA PM-10 methods and TEOM*.
- Added value survey sampler for saturation monitoring studies.
- Easy to use Data Analysis Software.
- Easy to clean optical sensor with self-purging capabilities.
- Lpm flow compensated sampling pump
- True 24-hour battery capacity or continuous A/C power operation.
- Audible Alarm Siren.
- Graphical color display
- USB, ethernet, removable data card and serial DB9 connections
- Wind and 1 other optional sensor
- Optional accessories such as: Solar Power Panel, strobe light, inlet heater as wireless data transfer enhances EPAM-7500 performance.