Dual-Temperature Meter - ST4
The Fieldpiece Dual-Temperature Meter, model ST4, measures two temperatures simultaneously using the included k-type, wrap tab beaded thermocouples. The technology inside the ST4 provides superior temperature compensation in rapidly changing environments commonly found while performing field service. Use the ST4 to find Delta T and just about any temperature split you want to measure. Displays T1, T2 and T1-T2 in big numbers on the LCD screen. Features two front face calibration pots and comes in our clear front case with magnetic hanger model ANC6. Use with our optional ATWB1 wet bulb thermocouple to help you find target superheat or with our pipe clamp T/Cs to check for blocked dryer filters.
Plug in one or two of the supplied k-type thermocouples and find T1, T2, or T1-T2. The ST4 has been designed to be used while inside the carrying case. Use the magnet to hang it. The front is clear so you can press the buttons and read the display. The zippers allow the thermocouples to exit from the top of the case.
- Turn on the ST4.
- Select ºC or ºF.
- Plug in one or both of the k-type thermocouples to the top of the ST4. The red LED will light up when a necessary thermocouple isn’t engaged.
- Press “T1” for the left thermocouple. Press “T2” for the right thermocouple. Press “T1-T2” to get the real-time difference between the two thermocouple readings.
- Select temperature resolution by pressing the “1º/0.1º” button.
- “HOLD” keeps current reading on screen until “HOLD” is pressed again.
- Press once to record MIN and MAX. Press once to toggle between MIN and MAX. Hold down for 1 second to exit the MIN/MAX function.
- Operate the ST4 in it’s case to take advantage of the hanger. You can operate the ST4 while still in the carrying case because of the clear front window.
Note: When in HOLD or MIN/MAX, you cannot change ºC/ºF or resolution (1º/0.1º).
Designed for HVAC/R, the Dual-Temperature Meter, model ST4, measures two temperatures and calculates the difference in English or metric units. It offers technicians all the benefits of a digital thermometer in a heavy duty design.
- Read T1, T2, or T1-T2.
- Rugged rubber boot.
- Min/Max and Hold.
- LED indicates disengaged probe.
- Great temperature compensation for fast changing environments.
- Select ºF or ºC.
- 2 k-type thermocouples included.
- Clear front case with magnetic hanger included.
There are other digital thermometers and dual temperature meters our there. Ours is unique. Because of the technology we employ inside, the ST4 offers superior temperature compensation in rapidly changing environments commonly found while performing field service. Meters with thermocouple adapters often take a long time to stabilize due to transfer of ambient heat to the adapter while in a pocket, in the back of your truck, even the heat generated while in your hand. The ST4, as with all of our k-type thermometers and meters, stabilizes rapidly so you can take it from the rooftop to the walk-in and get more accurate readings faster than the competition. Plus it includes the rugged rubber boot and the hanging bag for easy, hands-free testing, while you’re working on the rest of your call.
- Dual-Temperature Meter - ST4
- (2) K-type wrap tab bead thermocouples - ATB1
- (2) Velcro Tie- wraps (not pictured)
- Clear Front Nylon Bag with Magnetic Hanger - ANC6
- 9-Volt battery (installed)
- Operator’s manual
Technicians who like the ST4 may also enjoy these instruments and accessories:
HVAC Guide® System Analyzer - HG1
Expandable True RMS Stick Multimeter with Backlight - HS36
Dual-Temperature Accessory - ATH4
Diagnostic Psychrometer - SRH2
Measurement range: -58 to 2000ºF (-50 to 1300ºC)
Temperature coefficient: 0.1 x (specified accuracy) per °C (0 to 18°C, 28 to 50°C)
System accuracy after field calibration:
±1ºF @ 30 to 120ºF with field calibration
±0.5ºC @ 0 to 50ºC with field calibration
Meter accuracy: Accuracies for any of the given ranges below are specified for operating temperatures between 64 to 82ºF (18 to 28ºC), for 1 year, not including thermocouple error.
±4ºF @ -58 to 32ºF
±(0.3% rdg + 2ºF) @ 32 to 1100ºF
±(0.5% rdg + 2ºF) @ 1100 to 2000ºF
±2ºC @ -50 to 0ºC
±(0.3% rdg + 1ºF) @ -50 to 600ºC
±(0.5% rdg + 1ºF) @ 600 to 1300ºC
Measurement rate: 2.5 readings/second
Battery: Single standard 9-volt battery, NEDA 1604, JIS 006P, IEC 6F22.
Battery life: 100 hours- carbon zinc battery. 200 hours- alkaline battery. Replace when “ “ is displayed.
Operating environment: 32 to 122ºF (0 to 50°C) <70% RH
Storage environment: -8 to 140ºF (-22 to 60°C) <80% RH with battery removed from meter.
Display: 3.5 digits LCD, 2000 count
Overrange: “OL” or “-OL” is displayed.
Accessories: 9V battery (installed), 2 k-type thermocouples, 2 Velcro straps, rubber boot, case, and operator’s manual.
Safety: Designed to meet EN61326-1, CE-EMC
To calibrate the ST4, adjust the two “OFFSET” pots on the front of the meter labeled “T1” and “T2”. The best way to calibrate is to match to a known temperature. Ice water is very close to 32ºF (0°C) and is readily available. Accuracies of one degree or better are easily obtained.
- Stabilize a large cup of ice water. Pure, distilled water will be the most accurate.
- Immerse one probe in ice water and let it stabilize.
- Select "T1" and adjust the "T1" calibration pot on the face of the meter to display 32.0 (0.0).
- Remove T1 from the water and repeat the previous steps 3 and 4 for "T2".