K38500 Mini-Rotary Viscometer
• Testing capacity of up to 10 samples.
• Microprocessor temperature controllers store all testing profiles in
• Unique design is fully self-contained - no external refrigeration or heating
• Advanced direct refrigeration technology eliminates the need for liquid cooling mediums such as methanol.
• Removable test cells allow for easy cleaning, sample agitation and advance sample preparation.
• New rotor design eliminates possible interference with water and ice.
• Internal hermetic refrigeration system provides direct instant cooling.
• Power-saver feature allows testing profile to resume in the event of a brief power interruption.
• Internal gas system provides a continuous blanket of dry gas over
samples to eliminate moisture buildup.
• Rotor stator rack supplied for convenient cleaning, drying, and storage.
• Safety features include high pressure cutout and high temperature limits.
• Rotor stator sets included with instrument. Additional sets readily
• Optional Software Package available
Conforms to the specifications of:
ASTM D4684; SAE J300; ILSAC GF3-GF4
In accordance with the specifications of:
ASTM D3829, D6821*, D6896
* With available Drive Line equipment sold separately
Cabinet Material: Stainless steel and durable thermoplastic
Temperature Range: +80°C to -40°C (176°F to -40°F)
Bath Design: Solid, direct cooling without liquids
Cooling Rate: Single Unit: 5.0°C per minute maximum
Compressor Size: 1/3 Horsepower
115V 50/60Hz, 15A
220V 50/60Hz, 7A
Temperature Control: +/- 0.1°C, digital readout
Heating Capacity: 600 Watts
Testing Capacity: 10 samples
Removable Rotor/Stator Sets (10)
Rotor/Stator Holding Rack
Stator Removal Tool
Set of Weights & Strings
Air Filter Dryer and Desiccant
Net Weight: 105 lbs (47.6 kg)
Shipping Weight: 143 lbs (64.86 kg)
Dimensions: 23 x 19 x 27 in (58.4 x 48.3 x 68.6 cm)